The aim of the IR (A) Rating conversion course is to convert an ICAO IR (A) rating into the JAA equivalent licence.
Before commencing a Licence Conversion Training Course an applicant shall:
- Be the holder of a valid ICAO IR (A) rating
- Have passed the JAA theoretical knowledge examinations for the IR (A) or ATPL (A)
If the theory examinations were completed under any authority except the UK CAA, they must be accredited by the UK Authority before commencing the course.
- Hold a JAR Class 1 medical
- Hold a UK FRTOL
- Be fluent in the English language
It is desirable that the applicant holds a JAA FRTOL, but this can be completed at FTE.
- 10 hours Piper Seneca III (including 2 hours for the IR (A) skill test)
- 9 hours Piper Seneca III based FNPT2 STD training
- Computer Based Training plus briefs
- All flying training is dual instruction
Fees and Payment
- The course fee is 6,965€
- CAA licence issue and test fees not included
- Single-use en-suite accommodation on site and meals available at additional cost (310€ + VAT per week)
Points to Highlight
- Piper Seneca III FNPT2 STDs are identical to the real aircraft
- Single, en-suite accommodation provided on campus at additional cost
- All landing charges and navigation fees included
- Full use of college recreational facilities
- Ideal environment in which to learn with a (usually) good weather factor
Provisional Courses Start Dates
No current courses available.