The successful applicant will spend one week at the FTECampus, interacting with different departments such as aircraft maintenance, flight ops and ground school among others.
FTEJerez, in partnership with AvSoc, are looking to highlight and build on the strengths of the University of Leeds’ longstanding relationship with FTEJerez, providing a unique opportunity to experience a week of the inner workings and operation behind one of Europe’s leading flight training organisations.
The package for the winner will be an ‘FTExperience’, including one week full board accommodation at the FTECampus, return flights from the UK and airport pickup service. This will allow the successful applicant to experience first-hand the training environment that FTEJerez has to offer and allow interaction with different departments such as aircraft maintenance, flight ops and ground school among others. Students applying for this opportunity, must conform to the following eligibility criteria:
- A current Level 2 student studying an Aviation Technology programme at the University of Leeds.
- An AvSoc member before Monday 15th February 2016.
- Available to spend a week in Jerez, ideally from the 10th to the 17th of July (alternative dates may be considered).
The application process will open on Wednesday 13th April 2016 and will close on Sunday the 17th April at 12 pm. Submissions will be gender and student anonymous with applicants only detailing their University of Leeds student number to ensure no unfair bias. A decision on the winner of the competition is to be made by FTE’s senior staff. Contact the AvSoc for further details should you wish to submit an application.
Students will have to answer the following questions:
- What is your ultimate career ambition and why? [250 words]
- What have you done so far to make this dream a reality? [250 words]
- How can spending a week at FTEJerez help you in your future career? [250 words]