Dear students, staff and industry colleagues,
Last Saturday the Government of Spain declared the state of alarm, establishing that all training activities of any kind must be suspended for 15 calendar days. FTEJerez has closely monitored the coronavirus crisis since the situation started to escalate, preparing contingency plans for each possible scenario, adhering to health and safety protocols and adopting proactive measures. Unfortunately, it is now the time for more extreme measures to fight the spread of the virus and, as a result, FTEJerez has ceased all training operations and the following decisions have been made:
- Students and residents have been urged to return home. Those who cannot return due to travel restrictions have been allowed to stay in their rooms on campus – FTEJerez will continue to provide them with safely packed meals and the necessary basic services during the quarantine.
- Ground School will continue to be delivered through remote class delivery. Students will receive instructions to attend these online lessons via their iPads.
- With the exception of a limited number of employees, all FTEJerez staff will follow the Government’s lockdown.
- All course applications and assessments have been paused. As soon as operations are resumed, we will continue with the processes and inform of rescheduling where required.
- We will continue to provide customer service and reply to general enquiries, however, as we will be short-staffed during this period, we would like to ask for your understanding should we not be able to adhere to our usual response time or clarify more specific enquiries.
Finally, I would like to send a message to the entire FTEJerez family: It is an undeniable truth that this crisis will affect businesses in general and aviation in particular. I do, however, firmly believe in the resilience and endurance of our industry, which has continued to grow over the decades despite numerous conflicts, global economic recessions and unexpected crises. After several weeks of uncertainty, we will return to business with more determination than ever, to continue providing airlines with the most exceptional pilots. Now, however, the only thing that matters is safety. Please stay home and take the necessary precautions to care for yourself and those around you, especially those who are more vulnerable.
We look forward to opening the blue gates soon. Keep safe.